Friday 8 January 2010

TV Shows!

I don't usually watch programs on TV. I prefer to rent the DVDs, and watch every single episode in one long marathon. It's been a while since I've felt the anticipation of waiting for a new episode every week.

The last time was with the repeats of the first series of Being Human on BBC1. I'd missed the first showing on BBC3 (in my bedroom I can only get the five main channels - I'm thinking of getting Sky Plus in here soon, if I can afford it), so it was pure luck that I spotted the description. I don't recall exactly what it said, but the show's about a werewolf, a vampire and a ghost sharing a house. How can that possibly fail to be interesting?

Being Human is slightly more dramatic than you might expect just from that description, but it also has a hilarious kind of gallows humour, and really likeable characters. The three leads are played by Lenora Critchlow, who played Sugar in Sugar Rush, Aiden Turner, who appears in The Tudors and Desperate Romantics, and Russell Tovey, who starred in The History Boys. I'm very much looking forward to the second series, which starts on BBC3 this Sunday, the 10th, at 9:30pm. I'm hoping they put it up on the iPlayer right away, since I'll be at work then.



Another show I'm going to miss is Glee, which starts this Monday at 9pm on E4. The pilot's already up on 4oD, so I'm praying the other episodes go up too. It reminded me of nothing so much as a cross between High School Musical and Teachers, only much better than either. I am enthralled.

You can see a trailer here.

No comments: