Tuesday 5 January 2010

Good Times Are Here Again

I have another Unlimited Card. The price has gone up a bit - it's now £13.50 a month, with an extra £1.30 charge for 3D films - but, getting back into my old habits should mean that, once again, they'll be losing out on this deal.

When you get an Unlimited card, you're contracted to keep it for a year. You can choose to pay monthly (£13.50, as I said), or annually (£162). To save you doing the maths yourself, I'll just point out that 162/12 = 13.5. There's no difference in price, however you pay.

This may not be the best time to get a card - I'm just catching the tale end of the Christmas releases, and summer isn't for a while - but it's now that I feel like watching films. Two or three a month and it will easily pay for itself, and I love the freedom of just popping in on my way past, and seeing if there's anything on.

You can apply for an Unlimited card here, if I've caught your interest.

Because I like statistics, I'm going to keep track of what I use it for in the table below. I may put each month in a separate post, I may not. We'll see.

'Number' is just to keep track of how many I see, 'Name' is the name of the film, 'rating' is the (BBFC) classification, 'date watched' and 'directed by' speaks for itself (one would hope), and 'price' is the price I would have paid without the card.

January












NumberName of FilmRatingDate Watched Directed by; Price
1Sherlock Holmes12A13/1/2010 Guy Ritchie £6.10
2Alvin and the Chipmunks: the Squeakquel


U

21/1/2010
Betty Thomas
£4.30
3Up in the Air
1527/1/2010Jason Reitman
£4.30
4Edge of Darkness
1531/10/2010 Martin Campbell £6.50


..so, I'm £7.70 up. Score.

No comments: